In recent years the most frequently reported pool maintenance problem is the rapid loss of chlorine in pools, even when the water is balanced and crystal clear.
difficulty in holding a chlorine reading, particularly in the spring season, is the often the result of an unusually high chlorine demand that can require 5 – 10x normal shock treatment or more! the term “chlorine demand”, commonly used in the water treatment industry, describes the quantity of free chlorine needed to establish and maintain a chlorine residual (testable chlorine reading) in water for a day or longer. before focusing on chlorine demand as the reason for disappearing chlorine readings check a few basic factors: First, make sure the pH is at least 6.8. low pH will cause chlorine to become unstable in water, emerge as chlorine gas (ie. “gas off”) and be lost in the air. second, check the conditioner/stabilizer (cynauric acid) level. it is not usual for an unstabilized pool (less than 25 ppm of conditioner) to lose 2 – 4 ppm of chlorine per day. third, recognize that the warmer the water and the brighter the sun, the greater the rate of chlorine loss. it is estimated that biological growth nearly doubles for every twenty degree (20F) increase in water tempreature. all of these factors will make a huge impact on chlorine usuage. Effective filtration followed by filter cleaning or backwashing is also required before total chlorine demand can be considered. dead algaeand dead mircoorganisms are oxidized by chlorine as long as they are still in the water or trapped in the filter. the same is true for organic debris of all kinds. through vacuuming, filtering and removal of all particles from the system by backwashing the filter is a must. if both pH and conditioner readings are in range AND if the filter is clean AND the chlorine still disappears, then examine the recent history of the pool, including winterizing techniques and algae episodes.
Amerimerc, Swimming Pool Supplies
- President asked the White House doctor for a cognitive exam after speculation about Trump's mental fitness January 16, 2018Dr. Ronny Jackson, the White House physician who last week declared President Donald Trump in "excellent health," provided more details of the President's medical exam during a briefing on Tuesday.
- White House doctor considered a variety of cognitive tests January 16, 2018Dr. Ronny Jackson, who examined President Trump, says he did not think the President needed a cognitive exam but gave him one at Trump's request.
- Trump gets four to five hours of sleep a night, doctor says January 16, 2018
- 'Excellent' has shown up frequently in past Presidents' exams January 16, 2018President Donald Trump had a physical examination Friday at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The exam was conducted by US Navy Rear Adm. Dr. Ronny Jackson, the same physician who performed President Barack Obama's last two physicals while in office.
- History suggests Trump avoiding interview with Mueller is unlikely January 16, 2018If special counsel Robert Mueller wants to talk to the President, there's not much Donald Trump's team can do to stop him, if history is any guide. Past presidents' legal teams have always lost when they tried to avoid testifying or turning over documents in criminal investigations.
- Seething Cory Booker rips into DHS chief: Your amnesia about 'shithole' meeting 'is complicit' January 16, 2018Sen. Cory Booker slammed the homeland security secretary in a speech Tuesday morning for claiming ignorance to the President's slander of African countries.
- Analysis: Durbin destroyed Kirstjen Nielsen's 'shithole' explanation January 16, 2018When Department of Homeland Security chief Kirstjen Nielsen agreed to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, she could have never imagined she would find herself in the middle of a, well, shitstorm over "shithole."
- Trump tweeted his black approval rating has doubled. It hasn't. January 16, 2018President Donald Trump bragged on Twitter that his approval rating with black Americans has doubled. It hasn't.
- Trump advisers are blocking DACA deal, Graham says January 16, 2018Sen. Lindsey Graham blasted President Donald Trump's staff over their reaction to a bipartisan immigration deal, saying they have not served the President well and some have "an irrational view."
- NYT: Mueller subpoenas Bannon January 16, 2018Special counsel Robert Mueller subpoenaed former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon last week, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- President asked the White House doctor for a cognitive exam after speculation about Trump's mental fitness January 16, 2018